Jovit Galan
  • Sex: Male
  • Occupation: senior police officer 1/anti-narcotics agent
Incident Details
  • Killed by unknown assailants
  • Date of Incident: September 15, 2018
  • Location of Incident: M'lang, Cotabato (North Cotabato)

MANILA, Philippines — An anti-narcotics agent was gunned down in North Cotabato on Thursday while three drug suspects were killed in stings in Bulacan and Quezon in the past two days.
Senior Police Officer 1 Jovit Galan was shot by unidentified motorcycle-riding men in Barangay Lika, M’lang town.
The M’lang police said Galan was instrumental in neutralizing drug traffickers in the town.
Norbertyo Pañoso, 50, alias Norbing, who is on the drug watchlist in Lucena City, Quezon, was killed in an alleged shootout with police officers in Barangay Market View.
In Bulacan, police said Ramon Maningas and alias Ryan were shot dead when they drew their guns when they sensed they had sold shabu to undercover agents in Barangay Bagong Buhay 1, San Jose del Monte and Caypombo, Sta. Maria, respectively.
Around 55 kilos of marijuana with an estimated street value of P15 million were confiscated from Ednilyn Bautista and Abigail Manzano, who were arrested in a drug bust in Barangay Pantoc, Meycauayan.
Chief Superintendent Chito Bersaluna, Bulacan police acting director, said the suspects are couriers of an alias Joey, who escaped following a shootout with police officers several months ago.
“They sell drugs not only in Bulacan but also in Metro Manila,” Bersaluna said.
Ex-aide of drug lord slain
In Batangas City, a former driver and security aide of alleged drug lord Peter Co was shot dead in Barangay Sta. Clara yesterday morning.
Elvis Areglo was being escorted to a court hearing when their vehicle was flagged down by the assailants in a Toyota Revo at around 9:27 a.m., according to a report received by Senior Superintendent Edwin Quilates of the Batangas police office.
Areglo died on the way to the St. Patrick Hospital. His escorts were unhurt.
Quilates said the fatality was a “high-value” drug suspect, who had been detained for three years.