Romeo Francisco
  • Sex: Male
  • Age: 19
Incident Details
  • Date of Incident: September 5, 2017
  • City of Incident: Caloocan City
  • Province of Incident: Metro Manila
  • Killed by unknown assailants in public
Source(s)

Fire destroys 15 houses in San Andres Bukid

A fire broke out in a residential area in San Andres Bukid, Manila Tuesday morning.

Manila Fire District Marshall Supt. Antonio Razal Jr. said that the blaze started about 8:07 a.m. at the second floor of a house owned by a certain Selpa Garcia at 1858 Estrada Street, San Andres Bukid.

The fire which reached third alarm quickly spread to adjacent houses made of light materials.

Around 9:14 a.m., the fire was declared out, but had gutted 15 houses, leaving some 30 families homeless, said Razal.

The total cost of damage was pegged at P100, 000 while no casualties were recorded during the incident.

Arson investigators said that they have yet to determine the cause of the fire. Follow-up investigation is now underway. (Analou De Vera)

Drug suspect shot dead in Caloocan

A 19-year-old alleged drug personality on his way home was shot dead by men riding a motorcyle in Caloocan City Tuesday morning.

Senior Police Officer 2 Allan Budios identified the slain teenager as Romeo Francisco, 19, of 6044 Sampalok Street, Barangay 178, Camarin, Caloocan City.

Initial investigation showed that Francisco was walking home along Sampalok Street around 4:20 a.m., when the two gunmen onboard a motorcyle appeared and shot him causing his instantaneous death.

Police seized from the crime scene one fired cartridge case, two live ammunitions of caliber .45 pistol and two plastic sachets of suspected shabu.

Francisco’s body was brought to Jara Funeral Homes for autopsy. (Kate Louise Javier)

Three drug suspects killed in Makati

Four motorcycle-riding gunmen allegedly clad in police uniform shot dead three suspected drug users in Makati City minutes after midnight Tuesday.

Senior Superintendent Gerardo Umayao, chief of Makati police, identified the victims as Reynante Gutierrez, 32, parking attendant; Noriel Camposano, 38, construction worker; and Roberto Tuso, legal age, who used to be a jeepney driver. All of them are residents of Barangay La Paz, Makati.

Initial investigation revealed that the victims were hanging out on the roadside along Sunrise Street, Barangay La Paz when the four suspects arrived onboard two separate motorcycles around 12:10 a.m.

The suspects then stopped in front of the three victims, pulled out their guns and started a shooting frenzy. All three died on the spot.

After the incident, the suspects sped off towards Sunrise Street going to Mola Street, Brgy. La Paz, investigation added.

Umayao also bared that Gutierrez and Camposano had already surrendered to authorities when Oplan Tokhang started. Tuso’s record as drug suspect, however, has yet to be verified but police investigation said they were listed as “drug users.”

Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) found 20 empty shells from caliber 9mm pistol at the crime scene, Umayao said. (Martin A. Sadongdong)

Man dies after crane falls on him in Manila

A man, who was on top of a cargo container, died when a crane collapsed inside a container depot in Paco, Manila before dawn Tuesday.

SPO2 Charles Duran, case investigator of Manila Police District Crimes Against Investigation Section, identified the fatality as Carlito De Lima, 35 to 40 years old, a rigger at TMS Container Depot on Cristobal Street.

Initial investigation showed that at around 4:10 a.m., De Lima was guiding the crane operator in piling up the cargo containers.

De Lima was atop a container while it was being lifted by the operator when the incident occured.

The boom of the crane suddenly collapsed, causing the container together with De Lima, to fall on the ground, said Duran.

Archie Mawanay, an inspector of the container depot, immediately sought the assistance of barangay officials and reported the incident to the police.

De Lima died on the spot after he sustained severe head wound and his right arm was left broken, said Duran. (Analou De Vera)

Businesswoman loses more than P 100,000 to robbers in taxi

What a businesswoman thought as a safe ride turned out to be a hold-up when the driver of the taxi she was riding took her expensive handbag containing an estimated P118,000 worth of cash and valuables in Quezon City the other day.

The complainant, Francesca Garcia, 26, took a taxi cab with plate number AAA-4023 from her condominium in Sta. Mesa, Manila going to Quezon City Hall around 5 p.m.

Garcia said that while on board the cab, the driver whom she described wearing white polo and black pants in his late 40s, forcibly took her bag and cellular phone and sped off along Commonwealth Avenue, Barangay Old Balara.

When she tried to recover her belongings, the suspect got irked and punched her left face before she was dropped off in Don Antonio Drive. The driver, meanwhile, fled, taking with him the loot.

Garcia then sought help from the authorities from PS-6 to possibly recover her Prada bag worth P45,000, phone worth P8,000, wallet worth P25,000 containing cash amounting to P85,000, identification cards, and bank book.

Responding officers immediately proceeded to the area and conducted an investigation.(Alexandria Dennise San Juan)