Emil Go
  • Sex: Male
  • Occupation: former city councilor
Incident Details
  • Killed by unknown assailants in public
  • Date of Incident: March 21, 2018
  • Time of Incident: 6:00 pm
  • Location of Incident: Talisay City, Cebu

CEBU CITY — Former Talisay City Councilor Emil Go was gunned down inside his cockpit farm located beside his house at Mansueto Village in Barangay Bulacao, Talisay City, at least 12 km south of here, past 6 p.m. on Wednesday.

The police, however, had yet to identify the perpetrators and the motive behind the killing of Go, one of the first councilors to be elected when Talisay became a city in 2001.

Based on the investigation, Go was seated on a chair while drinking coffee and talking to a friend identified as Arturo Navaes when two vehicles – a dark blue Pajero and a red car – arrived.

A witness said the assailant got down from one of the vehicles and called Go’s name.

Go turned his head toward the assailant, who immediately shot him in the head.

Conag said Go had a gun tucked in his waist but was not able to use it.

The victim was rushed to the Talisay City District Hospital. But he did not make it alive.

Go was the 41st person to be killed by unknown assailants in Metro Cebu since Feb. 17.

Not a single case has been solved yet.

Go served as councilor of Talisay from 2001 to 2007 under the group of Gabby Leyson who ran and lost to Socrates Fernandez in the mayoralty race in Talisay City in 2007.

In May 2013, Go was shot and wounded in the neck after a retired police officer, SPO3 Ulysses Desamparado, shot him and another person during cockfighting dispute in Barangay Bulacao, Talisay.

A police report of that incident showed that Desamparado’s brother picked a fight with some people in the audience at a cockfight arena.

Go reportedly noticed the squabble and tried to pacify the parties when Desamparado shot him.

The retired police officer surrendered to the police.

In March 2017, Go’s son, Frederick, a former councilor of Barangay Bulacao, Talisay, was arrested together with a police officers, and two other persons in a drug raid.

Police said they had received reports that Frederick’s group was involved in the illegal drugs trade – an allegation that the suspects denied. /atm